In this episode we speak with Jock Purtle of Digital Exits. Jock’s web dealings may seem unrelated to automation, but according to Jock, automation is exactly what drives a site’s value. Jock Purtle is the Founder of Digital Exits.
- Began his entrepreneurial experience with family brokerage business
- Sold a portfolio of affiliate sites in 2013
- After the exit, Jock moved full-time into helping find buyers for websites
- Although Jock has only been full-time for a short while, his overall progression has elapsed 10-15 years.
Maximizing Sale Value:
- Positive growth trend
- In a defensible market with a unique value proposition
- Time the owner spends managing
- Marketing Systems
- Are there systems in place to generate revenue?
- Operational Systems
- Are there systems in place to keep the business running smoothly?
- Specific platforms don’t matter as long as there is a platform in place
- Most businesses have inefficiencies, there’s less risk with optimized systems
- Big gap in business prices.
- Most businesses are either in the $200,000-$300,000 range or the $2 million-$3 million dollar range.
- The businesses in the higher range have automated systems in place
The Low Hanging Fruit:
- Systemising your marketing is the most important value generating task of your business
- Make a process the one thing in your marketing that you want to focus on