In this episode we speak to Chris Brisson from Automize about integrating SMS into your marketing campaigns. Chris is the co-founder and CEO of Automize, a company that helps businesses automatise their marketing with SMS, webinar & teleseminar software products.
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT CHRIS:
- Chris was voted Best in Class for Online Sales at Infusioncon
- Was doing product launches for others, making them a ton of money.
- Built Call Loop becuase there wasn’t anything making it easy to use SMS in campaigns
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT SMS & VOICE BROADCASTS:
- Integrate SMS & Voice Broadcasts into your campaign funnels.
- SMS is a communication channel rather than a marketing channel.
- Text messages have an open rate of 97%. (Email open rates on average are less than 8%)
- You can add in links to webpages in text messages.
USING SMS FOR LEAD GENERATION:
- Setup Mobile Keywords (Which allow users to send a text with that keyword to subscribe).
- Great for use with offline media.
USING SMS FOR WEBINAR REMINDERS:
- Add SMS messages in your drive to attend sequence.
- Use text to remind users to attend.
- Collect mobile number on the webinar registration page.
- Send a text straight away so that it’s contextually relevant to your subscriber, tell them you’ll be sending them more at specified times.
- Send them a reminder on the day of the webinar (About 15 minutes before).
- Add in a voice broadcast, so that you can blanket cover as many people as possible (Send at 30 minutes before – tell them about the text coming).
SOME OTHER USE CASES FOR SMS:
- Use SMS for billing automation (when credit cards decline).
- Use SMS for appointment reminders (to encourage people to show up).
- Try SMS for event reminders.
- Utilise SMS for hard bounce email addresses.
- Try SMS to offer coupons or a one time special offer.