In this episode we speak with Owen McGab Enaohwo of Sweet Process. Owen breaks down the steps to creating a system in your business so you can maximize the value of your company. Owen McGab Enaohwo is the Community Engagement Officer at Virtual Assistant Hiring Tips and Sweet Process.
- Owen current runs a virtual assistant agency that he has started since 2006.
- Realized there has to be a way to document procedures and repetitive tasks.
- Was interviewed by Mixergy where he met Jervis Whitley a co-founder of Sweet Process.
- While doing user research he met Brian Casel, another co-founder, who at the time was also looking to build a way to document processes for his design agency.
GETTING STARTED DOCUMENTING PROCEDURES:
- Rather than document the actions of your entire business, start by looking at what is the biggest bottleneck of your time.
- Delegate that biggest bottleneck to a member of your team.
- Move onto the next biggest bottleneck, document it, and delegate to another member of your team.
- Repeat this until your entire business is documented.
KEEP PROCESS CURRENT:
- Empower teammates by asking them to look at your steps and eliminate useless steps.
- Incentivize teammates to help by knowing what motivates
- Outline decision points, and map out the steps of each scenario.