In this episode we speak with Ezra Firestone of Smart Marketer. Ezra’s experience in multiple industries as well as his expertise in e-commerce can guide us on how automation can work for multiple models. Ezra Firestone is the Founder of Smart Marketer.
- Has a variety of e-commerce and content marketing businesses.
- Shares his marketing research on his blog.
- Began his automation journey by tagging customers on his e-commerce sites.
- Intelligently follow up with buyers and leads
- Marketing is communicating with a group of people about topics and conversations that are relevant to their lives
- Physical product businesses are moving toward subscription based delivery
- Tagging clients with the content they engage with
- You can pick up 25% of your cart abandonment with a seven day sequence
- Email is huge for cart abandonment
- 2 step sequence is not necessary because carts now include email before checkout, and it dynamically saves
- Put focus on lead generation, rather than try to hit the day 1 sale on eCommerce sites.
- This is the main mistake that eCommerce sites are making
- Drop shipping will be harder as the years come
- The shopping cart and the product is just the front end of something more holistic.
- 3rd contact response marketing
- contextual marketing: you have more basis for the context of the prospect because you have more data points.
- Channel Marketing is the future.
- You must have your own brand, your own platform.
- You have to engage your prospect in ways that Amazon can’t